Dartmouth Will Meet Crimson Basketball In Away Contest

The varsity basketball team travels to Dartmouth tomorrow evening, and the Crimson will have its best chance in years to defeat the Indian on their own reservation.

Recently, the Crimson has not had much luck at Hanover. Dartmouth basketball squads have been fairly decent, and the rabid Indian fans right on top of the action have unnerved generations of Harvard players.

But this time the Crimson should have the edge. The varsity has a 7-2 record, after a successful Christmas trip. The Crimson ended its trip Wednesday with a 72-64 win over a weak Carnegie Tech crew.

Coach Floyd Wilson said last night, however, that he wished the tour had closed on a more stirring note. Pete Kelley led the varsity with 24 points against Teach, and Denny Lynch added 16. But the team as a whole did not play well, and Tech, with its feeble 1-9 record, managed to make a game of it.

Dartmouth, in the ECAC tournament at Madison Square Garden, was smashed by La Salle and St. John's, two very strong teams. Thus, the Big Green's calibre is still somewhat difficult to ascertain. The Indians have lost to Manhattan, and beaten Amherst and New Hampshire.