Danforth Fellowships

The Danforth Foundation of St. Louis is currently accepting applications for approximately 100 Danforth Graduate Fellowships to be awarded next year. The fellowships are available to "male college seniors or recent graduates preparing for a career of teaching, counseling, or administrative work at the college level."

Winners are eligible for up to four years of financial assistance, with an annual maximum of $1,500 for single men and $2,000 (plus $500 per child) for married men, plus tuition and fees. Students without financial need who win a fellowship will be named honorary Danforth fellows.

Applicants should be planning to follow any field of study common to undergraduate liberal arts and sciences curricula and may use the grant at the American university of their choice.

Winners are chosen on the basis of "intellectual promise and personality, integrity, genuine interest in religion, and high potential for college teaching." Interested seniors should consult their Allston Burr Senior Tutors immediately.