TRACK TEAM FAVORED OVER WEAK B.U. SQUAD

Terriers Should Win Only 660-Yard Run

By Richard Cotton

The varsity track team, fresh from its 56-53 upset of Army, will entertain Boston University at Carey Cage this evening. And it should be entertaining for the varsity as they romp over a weak B.U. squad.

After the Crimson's grueling effort against Army, this meet should provide them a well-earned rest. Even without trying, Harvard should win all the first places except for one.

Mile Relay Closest

The only competition the Terriers can provide is in the 600-yd. run and the mile relay. B.U. ace Joe Tantorski, yho has run a :48 quarter mile, is a strong favorite in the 600.

The mile relay should be the closest event of the evening. A strong B.U. squad, headed by Tantorski, will face an equally strong Crimson team led by sophomore star Aggrey Awori. It will be a good race, with Awori and Tantorski putting on the finishing show.

In the rest of the races, how much the varsity wins by really depends only on who the Crimson decides to enter.

Both Ed Hamlin and Ed Meehan have been feeling "under the weather" since the Army meet. Neither may run tomorrow. If Hamlin does decide to enter the mile, he would literally walk away with top honors.

B.U. Out of it

Meehan will run the 1000 if he feels up to it. And if he's up to it, B.U. will be out of it. Even if Meehan decides not to enter, then Harvard should only win the race easily, instead of it not even being a contest.

A two mile invitational relay should also materialize after the meet. A team consisting of former Crimson track star Don Kirkland, his brother John, Yale's Jim Stack, and Charles Durant will run against the present record-holding Harvard team.

Olney Croasdale, after his magnificent performance against Army, will not compete, nor will long-distance man Bill Crain.