H.A.A. TICKETS

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

I am writing what I hope will be epilogue to a small history which began last winter when the CRIMSON published a letter from a student in the College who had received bad seats for an athletic contest and who charged that the H.A.A., and ticket manager Frank Lunden in particular, were engaged in a conspiracy to "screw" students out of good seats for hockey games and swimming meets.

I had also been a recipient of poor seats to hockey games, and I remembered the two hours I spent on line waiting for Yale swimming meet tickets two years ago. Consequently when the then-new Harvard Council for Undergraduate Affairs decided to form a committee to look into ticket distribution, I immediately offered myself as one willing to serve on that committee. Since then I have seen students working together for an intelligent solution to the ticket problem, I have seen the cooperation which Mr. Lunden and his office gave us when we were attempting to formulate a policy, and I have seen in the last two weeks the quality and impressive quantity of hockey seats which have become available to undergraduates. I believe that Frank Lunden has done his job and that he has given the students of Harvard College a square deal. I believe he has cleared himself of those rash charges made against him last year.

In addition, we have all seen Mr. Lunden and his staff initiate a new system of football ticket distribution which, though objected to strongly by us seniors at first, has proven itself a welcome convenience both to students and to H.A.A. workers.

A year ago I doubtful of the motives of the Ticket Office and cynical of any attempts to reorganize student government at Harvard. The reforms in ticket distribution which have occurred this fall should convince us all that both Mr. Lunden and his staff, and the Harvard Council for Undergraduate Affairs deserve the appreciation and support of the Colleges. Antenie Roesmann '63.