Students Protest Project Washington

The sponsors of a statement opposing of Project Washington claimed signatures for their cause last night.

"An Appeal to Reason" appears above two-page discussion by Sanford A. , assistant professor of Government, of this weekend's demonstrators the issues which sent them to the Lakoff's piece asserts that "the of demonstration is always and that it may simplify and opinion on complicated issues.

Signatures were being solicited for a , modified statement outside dining halls and the Union at yesterday. As reasons for to the marchers, the shorter document claims categorically that "The government will not reciprocate unilateral initiatives" and that march "flouts the deliberative style" to democratic self-government. Richard T. Seymour '64 and James D. '64, who composed and circulated second document, stressed that no organization was behind it. They no idea what they will do with the , according to Parry.

Seymour speculated that many more students would have signed if the item democracy's "deliberative had been deleted.