Summer School Office, Deans of GSAS, Admissions, Move into Rooms on Upper Floors of Health Center

Several administrative offices of the College and the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences are moving out of the Yard and nearby buildings this month to new quarters in the 10-story Holyoke Center on Mt. Auburn Street.

Center of a three-floor sandwich of key offices will be the eighth-floor quarters of Sargent Kennedy, Registrar. Below him, on the seventh floor, will be John P. Elder, Dean of the Graduate School of Arts and Sciences, and David D. Henry, Director of the International Students Office, together with their staffs, and the Appointment Office, which assists graduate students with career plans. On the ninth floor, above the Registrar, will be Fred L. Glimp, Dean of Admissions and Financial Aids, and his admissions, scholarship, student employment, and financial aid associates.

The Commission on Extension Courses, which provides evening courses for Boston citizens, will be located on the eighth floor, with the Registrar.

The Summer School will be located on the sixth floor of the new building, along with Robert S. Mullen University Purchasing Agent, and his staff, and the Planning Office.

The five lower floors of the Holyoke Center have been occupied since December by the offices, laboratories and infirmaries of the University Health Services.

The tenth floor of the Center--a penthouse--is divided into five meeting rooms. Three of these will serve as meeting rooms for the Faculty of Arts and Sciences. The other two rooms--which can seat approximately 50 people--are dining halls, similar to the private dining room facilities of the Faculty Club.

The Offices of the Deans of the Faculty of Arts and Sciences and the Deans will remain in University Hall in the Yard. The move of others to the Holyoke Center will free space in Weld Hall to provide additional dormitory space in the Yard for freshmen.

Holyoke Center--in its first completed stage--occupies half a block facing Mount Auburn Street. Ultimately it will take up the entire block in Harvard Square from Mount Auburn Street to Massachusetts Avenue between Dunster and Holyoke Streets.