Babson Staff Resigns To Support Editors On Censor Issue

The entire staff of The Exec, the Babson Institute weekly newspaper, resigned yesterday protesting censorship. Editor Paul Dean and managing editor Robert Riemer were previously placed on disciplinary probation for publishing an ad for a parody edition to be issued later in the month.

The ad asked for information from students about professors. It made reference to a professor who frequently changed jobs and to two male professors who live together. A public relations official of the school termed the comments libelous.

Dean and Riemer are now subject to expulsion for any action which does not please the administration. Calling the administration's action a form of censorship, all fourteen staff members of the paper resigned in support of their editors.

Hushed Up

The business editor claimed that the incident was hushed up by Babson offcials because of Secretary of Commerce Hodges' forthcoming visit to the Institute, a school of business administration located in Wellesley. The student government has written a formal letter of protest to the administration.

Dean said that the administration may decide to reverse its decision, perhaps early next week. He would not make any definite comment.