Tshombe Visit Harmful To U.S. Williams Says

WASHINGTON, March 3--G. Men-illiams said today that Katanga nt Moise Tshombe had not been a visa to center this country be it wouldn't be in the interest of States to have him come this time." The Young American Freedom have invited Tshombe address a "Conservative Rally for Liberation" in New York City . the Assistant Secretary of African Affairs, pointed out that came here, "he might think rightists he would meet America and he might go back his insurgency." Williams "The whole development of the dependent on the reunion of province with the central ."

former Governor of Michigan his remarks during a 35-minute with members of the Young Club of Harvard and his office this afternoon.

the green polka-dot bow tie his trademark, Williams also if the of South Africa its present course, "the result disastrous." But unless negs occur, he continued, the "internal force will be to hold the black Africans in ." He called South Africa a which is "technically independant so far as the black Africans are the country isn't indepen-

icans should use "comprehension tolerance" in criticizing the trend to one-party rule in some states, Williams held. vocabularies don't quite maintained, many Americans realize that although ours may be "the best and most sophisticated form of democracy, this doesn't necessarily mean that there isn't any form of democracy" in these countries.

He said that the one-party systems in parts of Africa leave room for some dissent and leave "tribal systems involving consent" intact.

Discussing Michigan politics Williams said that auto manufacturer George Romney, a Republican candidate for Governor, is "an attractive personality but a thinskinned one, which opens up the possibility of political mistakes." But, he said, unemployment in Michigan may hurt the Democrats.