‘A Huge Disruption’: Students Testing Positive for COVID-19 Report Confusing HUHS Communication

Local Businesses Fight for Revival of Harvard Square, Gear Up for Winter

DSO Staff Reflect on Fall Semester’s Successes, Planned Improvements for Spring

At Least Five GSAS Departments To Admit No Graduate Students Next Year

UC Passes Legislation to Increase Transparency of Community Council, HUPD

Wiggins Praises Visit in France

L. Gard Wiggins, administrative vice-president, recently compared the people-to-People program which carried him to Frankfurt, Germany, and Strasbourg, France, to the Peace Corps. "It is sure to create better understanding between Americans and their counterparts in other countries," he commented.

Wiggins and Charles S. Davidson, associate professor of Medicine, represented the University on Mayor John Collins' delegation to Strasbourg, Boston's "Sister City in Europe." The 21-man group spent two days in Strasbourg and three in Strasbourg as part of an international program of cultural exchange begun under the Eisenhower administration.

Strasbourg, like Boston, is a port with a history as a "cradle of liberty," Wiggins said, and the two cities are roughly equivalent in size. The University of Strasbourg is almost as large as Harvard, but within five years it will probably boast an enrollment of 20,000 students.

Mayor Pierre , former president of France, escorted the travelers light banquet lasting four hours" on on their arrival in the sister city. They spent the next few days attending the fifth anniversary session of the European Parliament touring the radio and TV studio, listening to a concert of the Strasbourg Symphony Orchestra and meeting with the American Consul General and other officials.