Duehay Appointed As Assistant Dean For Education School

Francis H. Duehay '55 has been appointed assistant dean of the Graduate School of Education, acting dean Judson T. Shaplin announced yesterday. Duehay has been on the staff of the school since 1959.

Duehay, now 29, received his M.A. in teaching from Harvard in 1958, and served in the Navy from 1955 to 1957.

Another recent appointment was that of Phillip E. Areeda '51 as professor of Law. Areeda, an assistant special counsel to former President Eisenhower before joining the Law Faculty as assistant professor in 1961, received summa cum laude distinction on both his undergraduate and law school degrees. He was note editor of the Law Review and was awarded the Sears Prize and the Fay Diploma, the highest academic honors of Law School.

John E. Bishop and Lawrence E. Fouraker have been appointed professors of business administration. Both have been lecturers at the Business School.

Fouraker, who specializes in experimental economics, and in bargaining and group decision theory, has served as acting director of the economics program for the National Science Foundation.

Bishop has been a lecturer at the Business School since 1956 and has been involved in the School's program for applying advanced forms of mathematics to the solving of business decisions.