Radcliffe May Support HCUA in Campaign To Get Student Union

The Radcliffe Government Association yesterday explored the possibility of joining forces with the HCUA in its fight for a student union.

"We can add a Radcliffe slant to the plans which the HCUA has drawn up," Stephanie L. Krebs '65, vice-president of RGA said.

In its recommendation last February, the Harvard Council suggested that a union include a lunchroom, space for student organizations, a used book store, a ballroom, rooms for study dates, a swimming pool and squash courts.

Although they criticized the proposed athletic facilities, the 'Cliffles endorsed the idea of a center where students could chat between classes or spend an hour after the end of parietals. Miss Krebs added that Radcliffe students might have lunch with professors at the Union.

Lehman Hall, which currently houses the office of the Harvard comptroller, was suggested as a possible home for the center. The hall will be vacated when the comptroller moves to Holyoke Center.

Miss Krebs said that she had not yet discussed Radcliffe cooperation in the center with R. Thomas Seymour '64, president of the HCUA.

The RGA also discussed methods of improving Agassis Hall, which now houses some of the activities which would move to a student center. Partitioning of the large rooms into small study alcoves was recommended.