Frohock, Humanities 7 To Return Next Year; Hum 8 to Be Dropped

Humanities 7, Uses of the Comic Spirit, which was discontinued this year because of the absence of William H. Frohock, professor of Romance Languages and Literature, will be offered again next year. Humanities 8, The Experience of the Drama, will not be given in 1963-64.

Frohock will again lecture in Hum 7, which as in past years will study masterpieces of comic literature as treatments of certain aspects of human experience.

Robert H. Chapman director of the Loeb Drama Center, who gives the spring term of Hum 8, said he did not know why the course was being discontinued. It is not certain whether it will be offered in the future.

The upper lever Humanities program will gain four courses next year. Alan E. Heimert, assistant professor of English, will give Hum 144, Intellectual Dialogue in Nineteenth Century America.

The other three additions--Hum 120, Masterpieces of Oriental Art, Hum 100a and 100b, Introduction to the Old Testament,--are not new courses, but will be part of the Humanities program for the first time next year.