HCUA Approves Charity Allocation

The Harvard Council for Undergraduate Affairs has approved, with a slight change, the final allotments of the HCUA Combined Charities Committee.

PBH received the highest allotment of $3,400, of which $2,400 was specifically directed by student; originally the Charities Committee had designated $3000. The United Fund, which received $2075 in direct contributions, and UNICEF with $2351 received no further allocation from the Council.

The Drive had $6000 in undesignated funds to distribute among the recommended charities. A total of $11,000 was donated directly to the various recommended charities, and almost $12,000 more to miscellaneous charities.

Further allocations were: American lends Service Committee, $2250; Northern Students Movement, $2250; National Scholarship Service and Fund for Negro students, $2000; World Cultural Society, $1500; and World University Service, $1512.

The council changed the recommendations of John R. Taylor '65, Chairman of the Combined Charities Drive, by transferring $424 designated for the United Fund to the PBH allotment.