HCUA President Intends to Check Monthly Dining Hall Health Reports

The new president of the Harvard Council for Undergraduate Affairs started his administration moving last night by announcing that HCUA had requested to see the monthly sanitation reports of the University dining halls.

A recent health report showed that the bacterial content of the tea served to students was comparable to a "one to ten dilution of the Charles river"

Richard T. "Tom" Seymour '64 indicated that the purpose of the request was to make sure that the dining halls maintained safe standards of health. Although these reports are considered "confidential," Seymour said that he expected no problems in obtaining them on a regular basis.

Except for comment on this recent issue, the first meeting of the new HCUA accomplished little. Continuously bogged down by questions of parliamentary procedure, the Council ended up putting the main items on the agenda in committee or tabling them.

A tabled item was the suggestion of Lois M. Reiser '64, President of the Radcliffe Government Association, that an "informal association be established between RGA and HUCA. More specifically, she said that RGA representatives should be members of certain HCUA committees.

Earl M Leiken '64, Treasurer, reported that the Council funds amounted to $1,156.61