Stickmen Romp Easily Over B.L.C.

A predictable rash of Crimson goals in the fourth period and the stickwork of sophomore Dick Ames gave the varsity all the punch it needed in its 10-3 romp over the Boston Lacrosse Club Saturday. Ames collected three goals and as many assists against the aging Boston Clubbies.

Experienced but out of condition, the B.L.C. ten took a 1-0 lead and dominated play in the opening period. Harvard retaliated in the second quarter with four straight markers and Boston's veterans never really recovered.

B.L.C. launched one last determined scoring drive at the end of the first half, but varsity goalie Jim Weir stopped everything the clubbies had to offer. The veteran net minder made ten saves in the second period alone.

The varsity's attacking trio of Ames, Lou Williams, and Tink Gunnoe combined for their best effort of the season. Creaseman Williams contributed three markers to give the attack six of the Crimson's ten goals. Playing in spite of his injured back, Gunnoe added two assists and kept the offense moving with his pin-point passing.