Ed Hamlin Will Captain Harvard-Yale Trackmen

Ed Hamlin, Harvard track captain and distance runner, will lead 16 Crimson runners and 13 Yale men into the biennial meet with Oxford and Cambridge in London, June 12.

The team will be facing a British squad that contains a number of familiar faces. The captain of the Oxford-Cambridge squad will be Tom Blodgett '61, hurdler, pole vaulter, and discus thrower, who led the Cambridge track team to an easy win over Oxford this year.

And in the 220-yard run for the Britishers will be Mark Mullin '62, captain of last year's track team and champion miler last year.

Two Crimson freshmen have been named to the team. Chris Pardee will go in the high jump along with Yale's Sam Streibert, and Anthony Lynch will race in the 220 and 440-yard hurdles.

Hank Hatch and Aggrey Awori were named to the team in three events: Hatch in the three hurdles races, and Awori in the 100-yard dash, the broad jump, and the high hurdles.

Other Harvard men competing in the field events will include Art Doten in the hammer, Heptagonals Champion John Bakkensen in the discus, Art Croasdale in the shot put, Jay Mahaney in the pole vault, and Chris Ohiri and Chum Azikiwe in the triple jump.

Crimson runners competing against the Englishmen will include Hamlin and Ed Meehan in the mile, Bill Crain in the two-mile, John Ogden and Keith Chiappa in the 830-yard run, and Gage McAfee in the quarter mile.