Bunting Lauds '63 Cedar Hill

President Bunting yesterday praised the recent Cedar Hill Conference as "one of the most outstanding Radcliffe events in my experience," in a speech that officially opened Radcliffe's 35th academic year.

The annual Radcliffe Government Association Cedar Hill Conference, held Sept. 13 and 14 in Holmes Hall, this year took the form of a symposium on "The Pressures of Radcliffe." Elaborating upon a major topic of that meeting, Mrs. Bunting yesterday discussed the college pressures created by women students' uncertainty about post-graduation plans.

She emphasised that the basic decision facing women of high ability is no longer the traditional choice between home and job, but rather the choice of whether or not to undertake a professional career demanding intensive preparation and deep personal commitment.

The President said that progress is being made on plans for the Fourth House, and that models of rooms for the Fourth House Center will be displayed in Agassis Hall this week.

Mrs. Bunting also announced that, in order to facilitate contact between faculty associates and students, South House lunches will this fall be served only in Briggs Hall, rather than in all three South House dormitories as before.