Hewlett, Ohiri Selected For All-America Teams

Two Harvard soccer players, Chris Ohiri and Lou Williams, and a Crimson cross country runner, Walt Hewlett, have been named to All-America teams.

Ohiri is the outside right on the first squad of the National Soccer Coaches Association 1963 All-America team. He led the Harvard team to the Big Three championship, and to ties for the Ivy League and New England Soccer League crowns. "Ohiri's recognition has been a long time in coming," coach Bruce Munro said yesterday. He said Ohiri "has deserved the award every year he has played."

Lou Williams, captain of the soccer team, was awarded an honorable mention by the Association. This designation places him among the top 55 collegiate soccer players in the country.

Walt Hewlett, a sophomore, was named to the All-America team of the National Collegiate Cross Country Coaches Association. The team consists of the 20 best collegiate runners in the U.S. Hewlett qualified by placing 12th in the National Collegiate Championships.

Bill McCurdy, coach of cross country, said last night that Hewlett was the first All-America runner in Harvard's history. "We have had All-Americans in track before," he said, "but always in the field events."