Boyda Named New Football Captain

Kenneth L. Boyda 'CC, of Winthrop House and Carnegie, Pa., has been elected captain of the varsity football team for 1965.

Boyda, a 6 ft., 3 in., 190 pound end, started at right end on the Crimson's undefeated 1962 freshman football team. As a sophomore he was shifted to the left side and played offense and defense behind all-Ivy end Tom Stephenson.

He caught only three passes that year, but was scheduled to move into the starting left end spot this fall. He started the first game, against Massachusetts, but a recurrence of a chronic shoulder injury in that game put him on the bench for two weeks.

The shoulder injury restricted Boyda to defensive play for the rest of the season. He also injured a knee in the Dartmouth game, but came back to play in all Harvard's remaining Ivy games. He played outstandingly on defense all fall.

The new captain's brother, Boy Boyda '61, was an All-Ivy end in his senior year and played on the only Harvard team to win the Ivy League title since the League was formally organized in 1956.