‘It’s a Limbo’: Grad Students, Frustrated by Harvard’s Response to Bullying Complaint, Petition for Reform

Community Groups Promote Vaccine Awareness Among Cambridge Residents of Color

Students Celebrate Upcoming Harvard-Yale Game at CEB Spirit Week

Harvard Epidemiologist Michael Mina Resigns, Appointed Chief Science Officer at eMed

Harvard Likely to Loosen Campus Covid Restrictions in the Spring, Garber Says

Rally Will Send off COFO Workers

By Steven V. Roberts

Civil rights supporters will stage Saturday a send-off rally for students working in Mississippi with the massive Summer Project of the Congress of Federated Organizations (COFO).

Noel Day, a local civil rights leader and candidate for the House seat of Speaker John McCormack, will moderate the meeting at The Tremont Street Methodist Church, 740 Tremont St.

Featured speakers will include Mrs. Fannie-Lou Hamer, a former sharecropper who is running in the Second Congressional District of Mississippi for the seat now held by Rep. Jamie Whitten.

Although she will almost certainly be defeated in the Democratic primary tomorrow, Mrs. Hamer will run as an independent in the November election.

Miss Prathia Hall, a member of the exviolent Coordinating Committee, and ecutive committee of the Student Non-several local students will also address the rally.

Students going to Mississippi this summer will gather at Western College for Women in Oxford, Ohio, Tuesday, June 16, for a four-day training session.

In other news a recently-formed group. Students for Civil Rights, have announced a "leadership conference" to be held in Washington, Wednesday, June 10.

Sixteen national students organizations--including the National Student Association, Hillel, Young Democrats, and Campus Division of Americans for Democratic Action--will send representatives to the one-day conference.

A spokesman for the group said yesterday that at least two to five students from each state are expected at the conference, plus delegations from New York, Chicago and other cities.

The conference will receive a briefing on the civil rights bill in the morning. Students will then visit Senators and Congressmen to urge their support for the measure, the spokesman said.

Students for Civil Rights had originally planned a mass march on Washington June 9, but organizational difficulties forced cancellation of the project.