Saltonstall Named to All-Ivy Team; Four Soccermen Make Second Squad

Center forward Jim Saltonstall was the only Harvard player named to the first-string All-Ivy team announced yesterday.

Four Harvard players, goalie Nat Bowditch, halfback Bob Knapp, and forwards Fred Akuffe and Charlie Njoku, were named to the second team.

Saltonstall and Njoku were the leading scorers on the Harvard team that finished third in this year's Ivy soccer race, a point behind co-champions Brown and Dartmouth.

Fourth-place Penn, however, had the most representatives on the "All" team. Quaker halfback Manuel Kypries and forward Bob Finney were named to the team for the second straight year, while fullback Jim McIver was named for the first time.

Brown and Yale both placed two men on the team. The Bruins, goalie Alan Walsh and center half Phil Solomita, were both repeaters from the 1963 team. The Yale players were fullback Sandy Peterson and forward Joe Upton.

Rounding out the squad were halfback Steve Robinson of Columbia, and forwards Andre Wawa of Princeton and Ed Knapp of Dartmouth.

The second team included Bowditch in the goal; Jim Griswold of Penn and Bill Torbert of Yale at fullbacks; Knapp, Robin Ross of Princeton, and Al Converse of Yale at halfbacks; and Bruce Cohen of Cornell, Bill Hooks of Brown, Teq Iasu of Dartmouth, Njoku and Akuffe at forwards.

Cohen was the league's leading scorer last season with nine goals.

Among Harvard's representatives, Knapp is the only senior. Bowditch and Akuffo are juniors, Saltonstall and Njoku sophomores.