Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Pot vs. Sano

The Mail

To the Editors of the CRIMSON:

Dr. Blaine does not tell us who conducted the intriguing little experiment in which subjects couldn't tell pot from Sano. Presumably he used inexperienced subjects, or they could have told just by the smell. The idea that millions of hemp users for the past 5,000 years have just thought they were getting high is too absurd for further consideration, so I venture to suggest three other explanations for the strange result:

1. The experimenter's connection burned him.

2. A run on Sano cigarettes is imminent. But where do you get the stuff? Leavitt & Peirce has never heard of it. (Scene in Waldorf Cafeteria: TOWNIE: Hey wonk, you want to go in with me on a real good thing? WONK: What's the deal? TOWNIE: We can get half a pound of Sano for only seventy-five. WONK: Yow, where?! TOWNIE: You front me the bread and I'll go get it. WONK: Now wait a minute, how do I know you won't burn me? TOWNIE: Well, like, I can't bring you up there, because the cat I'm scoring from--he's, like, paranoid, and...)

3. The experimenter didn't tell his subjects how to smoke pot. Just puffing on it as on an ordinary cigarette wouldn't get you very high. It is necessary to inhale deeply and hold the smoke in your lungs. Even so, it would take about four cigarettes thus consumed before a novice would recognize the effects. Lisa Bieberman '63