B.U. Provides No Opposition For Trackmen

The Boston, University track team, trounced last week by Brown, should provide little competition for a tough Crimson squad when they meet tonight at 7:30 p.m. in Briggs Cage.

After routing Army last week 71 1/2 to 37 1/2, Coach Bill McCurdy is looking forward to his easiest win of the season.

Dave Hemery, B.U.'s star who didn't run against Brown, is the only Terrier that could cause Harvard any trouble. Frank Haggerty, winner of the 600-yard run against Army last week, will probably be running hurdles this week and he should give Hemery a good fight. Andy Cahners, Terry Golden, and Harvey Thomas will be backing up Haggerty for the Crimson.

The Crimson's three top men in the weight event were graduated last year, and the team is weak there. Although Army's only victories last week came in the weight division, sophomore Ron Wilson. Harvard's best prospect for success in this event, should outclass his B.U. opposition.

Jim Baker, winner of the mile and 2-mile events against Army will only run the 1-mile this week to see how fast he can go when he's fresh. Baker will be trying to break the meet record of 9:20.0 which he set a week ago.

Four of the Crimson's top trackmen will not be participating tonight--Chris Pardee, high jump star, Walt Hewlett, a distance runner, Dave Allen, captain of the cross country team, and Tony Lynch, captain of the track team.