CAC Names Sedlacek To Team of the Week

Keith Sedlacek, Harvard's high-scoring forward, has been named to the ECAC Basketball team of the week for his performances against Penn and Princeton last weekend.

The 6-1 junior for Valley Forge, Pa., scored 32 points in the Crimson's 76-67 rout of Penn, and poured in 30 points against the Tigers. In that game he outscored Princeton All-American Bill Bradley, who also appeared on the ECAC team.

Sedlacek, who has scored 425 points in 20 games this season, is on his way to shattering several Harvard records. He need only 12 more points to erase the mark Merie McClung set last year for most points scored in a season. He will probably become the first Harvard player in history to average 20 points per game in a season. And Sedlacek should easily break the Crimson record for scoring in Ivy League games.

Sedlacek got off to a rather slow start this season, but when Ivy League play began he was hitting his long jump shot with astounding regularity. In the Crimson's Ivy opener against Columbia he had 33 points, and he scored 35 against the Lions in New York.

In Harvard's victory over Penn Friday, Sedlacek was simply magnificent. Harvard trailed 50-40 with 14 minutes to play, but Sedlacek scored eight points in the next five minutes to put the Crimson in front 53-52. He added six more in the last tow minutes of play to keep the Crimson's lead safe.