Cliffies Will Vote For RGA Today

By Ann Peck

Radcliffe will choose its next RGA residents in election held today and friday.

During the last week, a proliferation of flyers of all shapes, sizes and colors has littered the dorm bulletin boards until it has become unclear whether Cliffies will be voting for aesthetic presentation or executive policy.

The four candidates, all of whom have been active in RGA or House politics during their freshman year, deal principally with the issue of RGA's power on campus and its role in political and academic controversies outside of Radcliffe. Lois R. Goodman '66 believes that "RGA Needs Action" both the furthering political and academic freedoms "wherever they are attacked" and in airing student complaints and dissent with the administration.

Specific local issues which must be Mt with by a "dynamic and democratic government" are problems such as using guidance, and bicycle shelters, according to Miss. Goodman.

Beverly Winikoff '66 views RGA as the unifying organization of a highly diverse student body. "Vote Cleverly-Vote Beverly," she says, for greater integration of the special committees with the general legislature and more contact between representatives and the members of each dorm.

RGA will be an "effective mouthpiece or an ineffectual joke," depending on whether or not it deals with issues of immediate concern to the Radcliffe community, according to Maxine S. Paisner '66. She believes that the government should not take stands on politics at the expense of problems on campus.

Greater Participation

In the past, RGA has not always reflected majority opinion, according to Miss Paisner. She advocates greater participation of non-delegates in deciding future policy.

Resolving "student needs and complaints in college-wide problems" is the objective of Nora M. Ronhovde's "Full Time Leadership." She supports expanded inter house dining and co-operation with the Houses.

Miss Ronhovde believes RGA "should clarify its position on its political involvement, leaving enough flexibility to deal with each issue individually.