Skaters Oppose Strengthened Eli At Boston Arena

The Harvard hockey varsity, which still has an outside chance of tying for third place in the Ivy League, plays its last home game of the season tonight against improved Yale at Boston Arena at 3 p.m.

The Crimson hit the high point of its season last Wednesday with a 2-1 upset over Dartmouth. Coach Cooney Welland shuffled his forces considerably for the game with the Indians, and is likely to pull some more switches tonight, although he won't decide on his line-up until game-time.

Against Dartmouth, Wade Welch played goal and Kevin Burke and Pres Wolcott took regular turns on defense. Obviously, they did a good job, holding the high-scoring Indians to one goal.

Former defenseman Chip Scammon moved to right wing, and would have had his first goal of the year if he hadn't missed an open not. Captain John Daly played left wing on Scammon's line for the first period, but then moved back to his usual defensive spot.

Although the Crimson has won six straight and 15 of the last 17 from Yale, the Eli will be no pushovers tonight. Their overall 3-11 record is better than Harvard's 7-14, and they have a group of high-scoring sophomores from their last season's undefeated freshman team.