Swimmers Should Trounce Cornell, Will Be Third in League with Win

Cornell's varsity swimming team comes recently into the IAB this afternoon four, but the Redmen will be in for a shockingly unpleasant surprise. The Crimson angry after last week's loss to Princess and trying not to think about next speck's meet with Yale, will beat Cornell, probably by as big a margin as it desires. Harvard, with losses only to Princeton and Army, now has a 6-2 over-all record. It can beat Cornell today, the varsity will finish with a 7-3 mark and a possible for third in the Eastern Intercollegiate League. This would be a significant improvement over last year's 6-4 record and fifth place berth in the standings.

The highlight of the meet today should be the dive, where Harvard's Dan Mahoney will meet last year's Eastern low-board champion Dave Hawk and former prep school champion Tom Cazel.

Hawk topped Mahoney by three points in last year's dual meet, though Mahoney came back to beat him in the Eastern highboard championships.

Sophomore Ed Cray is a threat for the Redmen in the individual medley and the backstroke, where he will probably meet Bob Corris and Tony Fingleton.