Wrestling Squad Combats Injured, Impotent Brown

The Harvard wrestling team travels to providence tonight to take on a Brown squad that defies euphemisms; the Bruins best aren't very good.

Brown, with a 3-6-1 overall record, has that all five of its matches with Ivy League teams this season. Riddled with in-series and illness, the Bruins forfeited some of their matches against Princeton on Feb. 13 and lost, 23-11. Even now, the team's physical shape is uncertain. Brown as lost to two teams Harvard has beaten, princeton and Penn, and drawn with M.I.T., another Crimson victim.

The Bruins' best wrestlers are Steve Bruckman at 123, Bob Bundy at 147-157, and Captain Ed McEntee at 191.

Glowie Durfee, Harvard's regular 147-rounder, was injured in the Springfield yet Feb. 17 and has not wrestled in the two varsity meets since. "He's ready," Beckett said, "but I'm not sure I'm going to use him."

Even if all of Brown's walking wounded be able to wrestle against the Crimson night, they shouldn't make a great deal of difference in the outcome. Harvard won, with reasonable certainty, count on missing its Ivy League record to three wins and two losses and its overall mark of 4-5.