Wrestling Team Bombs Unfortunate Bruins, 32-3

Mashing at least one opponent a has a certain theraputic value for any team's morale. Brown was kind to provide the tonic for Harvard in Providence as the Crimson the Bruins 32-3.

At the start, the meet threatened to a bitter pill for Harvard to swallow Howie Henjyoji, wrestling 123, lost seesaw decision to Steve Gluckman Brown 9-8. Henjyoji, whose opponents tormented him all year with third-period rallies, was leading 8-7 in the period when Gluckman escaped to e the score. Two minutes and 20 seconds of riding time gave Gluckman the .

Brown never scored again. Mike King the rout by defeating the Bruins Whipple 3-1 at 130. The victory was first of the year. Tom Gilmore, at 137 for Harvard, then downed Steve Cantrill 9-5.

Ed Franquemont, whose 7-1-1 record this season is the best on the Harvard team, edged Brown star Bob Bundy 9-8, at 157 pounds, with the aid of a point for riding time. Pete Johnson, the Bruins' 167-pounder, injured his ankle when Chris Wickens of Harvard took him down, and had to default. Harvard Captain Ben Brooks scored the only fall of the meet by pinning Bob Maddox of Brown at 4:27 of their 191-pound match. Heavyweight Tack Chace then trimmed Brown Captain Ed McEntree 7-2.

The Bruins forfeited both the 147-pound and 177-pound classes to Harvard, losing five points each time. Brown also forfeited three matches to Princeton in February. An extremely small squad has made each injured Brown wrestler literally irreplaceable.