Mahoney Chosen In All-American It Swim Finals

Danny Mahoney, Eastern diving chanson and the best Crimson diver since sampan Frank Gorman in 1960, finally came an All-American at the NCAA swimming and diving championships in lows last week.

The Harvard senior placed eighth in a finals of the one-meter dive on Thursday, but failed to qualify for the high on Saturday. The top ten athletes in such event make up the All-American hand.

Roy Saari of Southern California won three events for the second year in a row give the Trojans an unprecedented third aright team championship over Indiana is a score of 225 to 273. Saari won the -yard and 500-yard freestyles, then stopped a fantastic nine seconds off his 1650-yard freestyle record to win 16:39.9.

Yale's phenomenal Steve Clark proposed an equal feat, winning the 100-yard style in a record breaking 46.1, then coming back with a 45.0 100-yard anchor to give Yale the 400-freestyle relay the with a record time of 3:07.2, Yale, however finished a distant fourth place to the team standings with 66 points. Other record breakers in the three any meet included Indiana's Fred Schmidt no knocked more than two seconds off the national 200-yard butterfly record with a time of 1:51.4 and Indiana's Tom Yetheway who won the 200-yard breast broke in 2:10.4.