Soccer Frosh 2-0 Victors As Galliers, Browne Tally

Second-half goals by Bob Galliers and Charlie Browne and excellent defensive play throughout led the freshman soccer team to a 2-0 victory over Exeter here yesterday.

Gallier's score, at 6:50 of the third period, ended 43 minutes of stalemate. Taking a long pass from fullback Bob Gray, the center forward powered the ball through three defenders.

Browne tallied with less than a minute of play left in the game on a shot from the left side.

The first half was all defense. Led by goalie Jim Sawhill, fullback Mike Tobias, and halfbacks Bruce Goodman, Mike Shwayder, and Steve Goheen, the Crimson kept the ball out of its territory for most of the half.

But despite fine play from Shwayder, Browne, and Jerry Montero, the offense could not generate a score.

In the second half, Exeter's offense improved considerably, but brilliant saves by Sawhill, and the defensive work of Tobias and Gray, prevented any opposition scoring.

The forward play of Steve Klein, Bruce DeTora, Ben Phinney, Bill Bellows, and Browne was largely responsible for the offensive play in the second half. Harvard came close to scoring on many plays besides the two goals.

With previous victories over Tufts, M.I.T., and Dartmouth, the Crimson is now 4-0.