Swimmers to Face Penn; Win Expected

The Harvard swimming team should have no trouble trouncing Penn Saturday at 3 p.m. in the IAB.

The Quakers were swamped by Yale 74-21 before Christmas and if their lack-luster performance continues, as it undoubtedly will, the Crimson will be able to bring its record above the .500 mark for the first time since a season-opening story against Springfield Dec. 1.

According to coach Bill Brooks, only one of the visitors from the City of Brotherly Love could give the Crimson double. He is a backstroker named Wigo, who has churned through the 200 in 2:07 time that could dispose of Harvard's Lincoln easily.

Wige May Threaten

Wigo could also be a threat in the 200-yard individual medley which he has swum in 2:09. But if Brooks uses breastroker Bob Corris who has done 2:06, ago could lose about ten yards.

Brooks isn't sure of his sure of his lineup for the meet, but commented that "as many men possible" will swim Saturday. He is holding time trials Thursday and Friday make a final decision. However, Phil Chase will probably swim the the 50-yard freestyle, Captain Bruce Fowler the 200-yard breasttroke, and multi-record holder Bill Shrout one of the relays.

The Crimson mermen haven't hit the water officially since Jan. 15 when they edged an unusually resistant Dartmouth squad 53-42. Shrout and Corris won two events apiece and distance freestyler Pete Adams showed improvement, leading Crimson Olympian butterflyer Neville playes to a win in the 500.