Skiing Cliffies Place 1st, 3rd In First Meet

The Radcliffe ski team placed first this weekend at the Women's Intercollegiate ski Conference at Wildcat Mountain.

Racing for the first time this season, the team placed three of its skiiers in the top ten positions. Ellie Waterston was first; Robin Barnes placed third after Anita Wollner of Cornell. Another Radcliffe skier, Ginny Storrs, finished sixth.

Miss Barnes also won first place at a WISC Slalom Race held at Intervale mountain, the day before. This race was conducted on an individual, not a team basis. Miss Barnes's time was 95.4 sec.; the next best Radcliffe time was turned in by the famous Miss Waterston, who finished third with 100.5.

Sunday's Giant Slalom Race at Wildcat was sponsored jointly by Radcliffe and Wellesley, under the auspices of the WISC. WISC, a part of the U.S. Amateur Ski Association, rates the participants and provides an opportunity for top scorers from women's colleges to race in national skiing events.

Other colleges participating in WISC events are Jackson, Simmons, Mt. Holyoke, Cornell, B.U., Wheaton, Bradford Junior College and Northeastern. Northeastern will sponsor the next WISC race at Suicide Six next weekend.