Smith, Parrot Win Places On All-Ivy Second Squad

Kent Parrot and Ben Smith were named yesterday to the second team in the 1966 All-Ivy hockey selections. The Crimson center and defenseman are the only sophomores on the first two teams.

Ivy champion Cornell placed four men on the first team: forwards Doug Ferguson, Mike Doran, defenseman Harry Orr, and goalie Errel McKibbon. Runnerup Brown rounded out the lineup, contributing forward Bruce Darling and defenseman Bob Gaureau.

Gaudreau, a first-team selection for the third straight year, is the only American on the first team.

Joining Parrot and Smith on the second team are Dennis Macks and goalie Dave Ferguson of Brown, Jack Morrison of Yale, and Charlie Stuart of Dartmouth. Harvard captain Bobby Clark and junior goalie Bill Fitzsimmons were among seven players accorded honorable mention.

Doug Ferguson, the only unanimous choice, led the Ivy scoring race over linemate Doran, with 31 Ivy points. Parrot was ninth in Ivy statistics, but overall he tallied 43 points--a sophomore total surpassed only by Bob Cleary's 50 in 1956.

The coaches's choice of Smith at defense is the only real surprise of the selections since the 200-pound sophomore was used at forward a good part of the season. Alternating between wing and defense, Smith finished behind Parrot and Waldinger in scoring, with 4 goals and 19 assists.