15 Harvard Anthropology Professors Call on Comaroff to Resign Over Sexual Harassment Allegations

Harvard Title IX Coordinator Apologizes for Statement on Comaroff Lawsuit

Cambridge City Officials Discuss Universal Pre-K

New Cambridge Police Commissioner Pledges Greater Transparency and Accountability

Harvard Alumni Association Executive Director to Step Down

Argentine Author Borges Appointed To Norton Chair

Jorge Luis Borges, the Argentine writer, has been named the Charles Eliot Norton Professor of Poetry at Harvard University for 1967-68.

He will be an associate of Kirkland House and Radcliffe North House for the year and will deliver a series of public lectures on "This Craft of Verse."

The Charles Eliot Norton Professorship, which brings to Harvard each year an authority of high distinction and international reputation, commemorates Harvard's great nineteenth century teacher of art history. Last year the professorship was held by Meyer Shapiro, professor of Fine Arts at Columbia.

Professor Borges' works include poetry, short stories, essays, parables, and other short fictional forms. He has become more widely known in the United States in recent years as his writings have been include Labyrinths, Ficciones, Dream Tigers, Other Inquisitions, and A Personal Anthology. In 1961 he received the International Publishers Prize. He is director of the National Library of Argentina, and professor of American and English Literature at the University of Buenos Aires.