Dean Glimp Says Those Still On Pro Were At Protest

By Parker Donham

Dean Glimp said yesterday that he is confident that all students who remain on probation as a result of the Dow disturbance were actually present at the demonstration. He added that he did not expect any more students to be taken off pro until the punishment expires in June.

Only about nine of the 74 students originally placed on pro have had the punishment lifted. In all, 65 students are left on pro.

Glimp said the board took no action to reverse its earlier decision accepting self-incriminatory statements as evidence in the cases of 31 Dudley House students.

Two weeks ago Harry P. Kerr, Allston Burr Senior Tutor of Dudley House, had predicted that the Board would reverse the probations of all those Dudley House students who had signed petitions asking for equal responsibility, but had not been identified by a Corporation appointee as present at the demonstration.

He had urged those students in Dudley whose probations rested only on such evidence to submit explicit statements to the Ad Board affirming their presence in Mallinckrodt Hall. "I would guess," he wrote the students, "that the vote of Oct. 31 will be rescinded in those instances in which I can offer no more than my opinion."

No More Changes

Despite the fact that none of the students submitted such statements, the Board did not act to reverse their probations. "It now seems unlikely," Kerr said yesterday, "that there will be any changes in the rest of the probations before June--unless a student comes forward and states he was not at the demonstration."

"It is a dead issue now," he added, "no one seems anxious to do anything about it."