Unbeaten Radcliffe Mermaids Soak Wellesley, Jackson in Final Contest

Radcliffe's undefeated swimmers took first place Tuesday afternoon in their last meet of the season, compiling 46 points to Wellesley's 28 and Jackson's 15. The team set four pool records in the triangular meet at the Radcliffe gym.

Freshman Janet Wright broke two records by scoring times of 21.0 seconds in the 40-yard freestyle and 27.2 in the 40-yard backstroke. A third record was set by team captain Eleanor Thomas, a sophomore, with a winning time of 25.8 in the 40-yard breaststroke.

Freshman Cathy McBain and junior Jackie Lang swam with Miss Wright and Miss Thomas to break the record in the 160-yard freestyle relay by three seconds.

In every event, Radcliffe finished first, Wellesley second and Jackson at third.

The closest race of the day was the 40-yard butterfly, in which Miss Thomas edged out Ginny Williams of Wellesley by a tenth of a second.

In the medlay sophomores Pat. Angly and Ann Williams joined Miss Lang and Miss McBain to record a time of 1:47.4 over the 160-yard distance. Miss McBain won her third gold medal in the individual medley.