Wilson Is Only Harvard Winner At Penn Relays

Rom Wilson's sixth place in the hammer throw was the only Crimson score at the Penn Relays Friday, as the majority of the track team rested in Cambridge for the expected stomping of perennial doormat Dartmouth today at Soldiers Field.

Wilson's toss of 175 feet in the hammer was his season high, and sophomore Charlie Ajootian was breathing down Wilson's back with a best-ever toss of 173 feet.

Junior Francis Haggerty shot through a quick 53.0 in the 440 hurdles to clock his fastest time, but finished ninth, well behind Leon Coleman of Winston-Salem.

Mark Young of Yale ran a fantastic 45.2 anchor leg to give the EMs the Heptagonal Mile Relay. Quarter mile legs of 49.0 by Bob Cook and 48.4 by Dave Mc Kelvey salvaged a fifth place for the Crimson.

Harvard should find scoring a bit easier today against Dartmouth. The Indians have a fifteen foot pole vaulter in Rhodes Scholar Henry Wagensail, a 6' 8" high jumper, Chris Ulke, and some depth in the burbles Ulke should breeze, but Wagensail will have to battle Crimson ace Steve Schoonover, and the Big Green hurdlers will have to face streaking Frank Haggerty.

The mile may be the top event of the day. Junior Jim Baker coasted to victory in 4:11 last week and could go faster today, in the freshman mile yardling superstars Keith Colburn and Royce Shaw appear ready to uncork sub--4:10's. Dartmouth is not expected to threaten in either race.