YD's Vote To Endorse Humphrey; CNP Raises $3000 For 13 Doves

PEACE MONEY

A group of Boston-area students has raised over $3000 for the senatorial campaigns of candidates with strong anti-war stands. The Committee for a New Politics money will aid primarily in the campaigns of four candidates, all Democrats.

The four are: Sen. Frank Church (D-Idaho), Sen. George S. McGovern (D-S. Da.), Sen. Wayne Morse (D-Ore.), and Howard Hughes, governor of Iowa.

These races were chosen because they are closely-contested and involve relatively small budgets, according to George B. Washington '69, the committee's treasurer. "The CNP will probably have raised over $5000 by Wednesday night. About half will come from Harvard and Radcliffe students, the rest from faculty members and community canvasses," he said.

The committee is also selling tickets for a rally in the Boston Garden on Oct. 25 at which Sen. Eugene J. McCarthy will speak. The rally is part of a nationwide "11 Votes for Peace" drive to raise funds for 11 senatorial candidates supported by Sen. McCarthy.

Paul O'Dwyer and John Gilligan, senatorial candidates in New York and Ohio, will also speak at the Garden.

The rally is expected to raise $125,000, according to Richard Goodwin, a former McCarthy campaign aide.