JV Booters, Gridders Crush M.I.T. and Dartmouth; Ten Score in 10-0 Soccer Win, Football Rolls 17-0

Football

Harvard's unbeaten JV football team extended its winning streak to four yesterday by trouncing a weak Dartmouth squad 17-0.

The Crimson defense dominated the game. The Indians were able to penetrate Harvard territory only once until the closing minutes of the game when time ran out on a Dartmouth drive which had three yards to go for a touchdown.

Both teams traded downs in a scoreless first period. Scoring opened one minute into the second period when Crimson halfback Pete Coleman fell on a Harvard fumble in Dartmouth's end zone. Kicking specialist Eric Honick kicked the first of his five points of the afternoon and made it 7-0.

Sophomore quarterback John O'Grady directed a Crimson offense which relied heavily on its ground game and ballcontrol to turn away Hanover's tribes. Harvard's second score came 50 seconds before the half when Harvard drive stalled in kicking range and Honick booted a field goal.

The Crimson put the game on ice midway in the third period on a five-yard run by halfback Scott Guild. Honick again booted the extra point to put Harvard on top for good, 17-0.

The Crimson's next game with Tufts has been cancelled. Therefore, the JV's bid to make it five in a row will not come until November 9 when it travels to batle Princeton.