Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male
Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest
Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections
City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum
FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End
Is these troubled times, when our most cherished traditions are being swept aside, the CRIMSON is proud to continue its time-honored practice of distracting you from those badly needed hours of cramming with a short quiz designed to test your knowledge of that dying genre of popular songs, the oldie but goodie. (Score yourself: 0-20 fair; 20-25, sort of good; 35-50, pretty good; 50-60, good; 60-70, real good; 71-75, goodest of all.) Student winners will receive a copy of "You Can't Sit Down," personally autographed by all the faculty members who were at that meeting in Paine Hall last month. Answers will appear next week.
Identify the heavenly objects in the big hits by the following:
1. The Capris
2. The Elegants
3. Gerry and the Pacemakers
4. Bobby Helms
Breakfast at Tiffany's
5. They did "Ll'l Darlin"
6. The Paradons had this big hit
7. He told you about the "Birds and the Bees"
8. Both Dion and the Drifters sang about her
Identify the parts of the human body in the big hits by:
9. The Cleftones
10. The Beatles
11. Stevie Wonder
12. Paul Anka
What from of exercise did the following artists recommend?
13. The Diamonds
14. Chubby Checker
15. Lee Allen
16. The Newbeats
The lead singer of the group which hit it big with "Bristol Stomp" later went on to do a few hits of his own. Name:
17. The group
18. The singer
19. Any of his hits
Gov. Volpe Memorial Question
Who sang these famous songs about means of transportation?
20. Beep Beep
21. Ship of Love
22. Tell Laura I Love Her
23. Walk Like a Man
The Numbers Racket
Can you name the "16" songs by these artists:
24. The Crests
25. Neil Sedaka
26. Johnny Burnette
27. Connie Stevens
28. Chuck Berry
Music and Art
29. portrait of My Love
30. You Don't Have to Paint Me a Picture
In what songs did the following artists sing about the weather?
32. The Jesters
33. The Spaniels
34. Dee Clark
35. Gogi Grant
36. Why Do Fools Fall in Love
37. Foolish Little Girl
38. Fools Fall in Love
39. King of Fools
These groups had a lot more success after they changed their names. Whom did they become?
40. Tom and Jerry
41. The Four Lovers
42. The Moroccos
Who did these songs with similar tities?
43. People Say
44. People Are Talking
45. Get A Job
46. Got a Job
47. Goodnight My Love
48. Goodnight Sweetheart Goodnight
Unite these lead singers with their groups:
49. Johnny Maestro The Limelites
50. Harvey Fuqua The Enchanters
51. Shep Sheppard The Moonglows
52. Garnet Mimms The Tokens
53. Neil Sedaka The Crests
Who did the original versions of these hits?
54. Love Potion No.9
55. Honey Don't
58. Good Lovin'
59. Not Fade Away
60. In what movie did the Platters sing "Great Pretender"?
61. What movie featured both the Flamingos and Chuck Berry?
62. Who sang the theme song for the T.A.M.I. show?
63. What was it called?
64. In which movie did Elvis sing "Teddy Bear"?
65. I'm Sorry
66. Sorry (I Ran All The Way Home)
67. Gee Baby I'm Sorry
68. Who's Sorry Now
69. Let's Start All Over Again
One Track Mind
70. Who said she would "Follow the Boys" "Where the Boys Are"?
71. Who had an album entitled "Boys Boys Boys"?
72. Who sang "Lookin' for Boys"?
73. What was "Girls Girls Girls"?
74. Who hit it big with the Girl Watchers' Theme?
75. Who sang "One Track Mind"
Want to keep up with breaking news? Subscribe to our email newsletter.