Anti-ROTC Demonstrators Collect Signatures for Ad

Student participants in the anti-ROTC sit-in decided last night to collect signatures from sympathetic students to be published in an open advertisement in the CRIMSON.

The demonstrators approved a motion by Jared K. Rossman '71 to show their support in the advertisement, which will appear in the CRIMSON of Jan. 14, the day that the Faculty will meet to discuss punishment for the protestors.

"We have to organize among students to show the Deans that if they crack down hard on a relatively mild act, the demonstrators will have a lot of support," Alan Gilbert, a graduate student in Government, said last night.

All Houses

The demonstrators agreed to hold meetings 7:30 p.m. on Jan. 13 in all of the Harvard Houses and at Radcliffe.

"We have already talked to some Faculty members in groups of twos and we have found them receptive and openminded," Hayden A. Duggan '68-4 said last night. The protestors decided to continue talking to members of the Faculty and will send them statements on their position on ROTC.

"We must continue to gain Faculty support to make it clear that this is not a student power issue," Thomas M. Engelhardt, a History graduate student said.

Cliffies Refuse

Demonstrators from Radcliffe have refused to see their Dean individually, Marjorie A. Angell '71 announced. She added that they will go as a group to Fay House at 9 a.m. this morning. "We acted as a group and we have decided to confront the Administration in the same way," she said.

Harvard graduate student demonstrators presented a letter to John P. Elder '40, Dean of GSAS, today stating that they too refused to be divided.

'Your questions are part of a procedure which you have adopted to divide us into groups for the purpose of punishing us unequally (as you admitted to us in our meeting on December 17)," the letter to Elder stated. "In fact, your questions are part of a consistent policy of isolating a small circle of individuals for severe punishment," the letter added.