Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Reed and Varney Recover But Teammates Still Ailing

By John L. Powers

Although end Pete Varney and tackle Fritz Reed should see action when Harvard's football team visits Cornell Saturday, the Crimson's injury status has not changed radically since last weekend.

The return of Varney, who injured a shoulder in the B.U. game, and Reed, who damaged several blood vessels in his neck. will help strengthen the left side of the offensive line, but three other starters will still be unable to play this weekend.

Senior guard Drew Czulewicz, who injured a leg at the beginning of the season, is still sidelined. So is junior safety Fred Martucci, who hurt his knee two weeks ago. Junior linebacker Gary Farneti, whose dislocated elbow is encased in a plaster cast, will not play either.

In addition, junior fullback Tom Miller has developed complications in his instep after twisting an ankle in the B.U. game, and he is not likely to play in the Cornell game.

So the task of filling in falls to four inexperienced reserves, all of whom performed creditably last weekend in the rout of Columbia. There is no reason to believe that they will not be equally effective this Saturday.

Sophomore John Ferullo will replace Czulewicz, and his performance will give Crimson supporters a glimpse of a definite starter next fall. Track star Walter Johnson, who romped for a touchdown last weekend with an intercepted pass, will play in place of Martucci, and junior Greg Koski will start instead of Farneti. Sophomore John Lukaska, who picked up 105 yards in five carries against Columbia, will back up regular fullback Gus Crim.