Yale Men Bring Tent to Harkness

A group of 40 Yale law students and a huge plastic tent came to the Harvard Law School yesterday to display a gentle way of life.

John Krown. a third year law student and the spokesman for the group, said that the Harvard Law School was "uptight" and that the Yale students were offering "an alternative life-style to the impersonal atmosphere of Harvard Law." "We just want to sit down with the law students and communicate," he said. The Student Bar Association invited the group to Harvard.

The plastic tent was set up in Harkness Common and was open to everyone who wanted to go in. Inside was a record player, a strobe light, and a small inner compartment which a few people could enter for intimate conversation.

At 10:30 p. m. yesterday, two hundred people crowded into the tent for an hour of group communion. Everyone breathed, moved, and spoke together in attempts to overcome their egos and to have an honest experience. The idea, said the leaders, was "not to disrupt but go with the flow."

The students spent last night on the Harkness Common and will go to Wellesley today before returning to Yale.