Former Defense Department General Counsel Appointed Harvard’s Top Lawyer

Democracy Center Protesters Stage ‘Emergency Rally’ with Pro-Palestine Activists Amid Occupation

Harvard Violated Contract With HGSU in Excluding Some Grad Students, Arbitrator Rules

House Committee on China to Probe Harvard’s Handling of Anti-CCP Protest at HKS

Harvard Republican Club Endorses Donald Trump in 2024 Presidential Election

Harvard Beaten In Polo Opener

Harvard's undermanned Polo Club stayed even with Cornell through two chukkas, but the strain of the competition showed and the Crimson dropped their opening match 18-9 Saturday night in Ithaca.

Fielding only three riders. Harvard was represented by Howard Corcoran '72 at the number one position, first year law student Tom Kaplan at number two, and Ralph Pachoda. a graduate student in economics, playing at number three. kaplan scored eight of the Harvard goals, while Pachoda tallied the ninth.

The loss was not unexpected by the Crimson squad. Cornell used twenty players in all, freely spelling any winded reammate. Added to this Big Red advantage, the Harvard club has only just begun its pre-season practices. Kaplan is the only player who spent any time this summer on the polo fields.

Highlights of the match was a daring play by Cornell's Dan Schneider in the third chukka. Attempting to block a Kaplan goal, Schneider rushed the length of the arena with reckless abandon. Although his horse gave up. Schneider did not and flew headlong into the end wall. The Big Red star remounted his horse uninjured and received a hearty round of applause for his heroic effort.