The Path to Public Service at SEAS

Should Supreme Court Justices Have Term Limits? That ‘Would Be Fine,’ Breyer Says at Harvard IOP Forum

Harvard Right to Life Hosts Anti-Abortion Event With Students For Life President

Harvard Researchers Debunk Popular Sleep Myths in New Study

Journalists Discuss Trump’s Effect on the GOP at Harvard IOP Forum

Third Annual Varsity Club Dinner To Honor Hall of Fame Inductees

Dr. William B. Wood Jr,. one of the legendary figures in Harvard athletic history, and 19 others of his contemporaries from the 1928-32 period join the Varsity Club's "Hall of Fame" Friday night at the third annual Honors Dinner at the Harvard Club of Boston.

Five sports are represented in this year's group of inductees: football and baseball have five each, hockey has four, track three, and rowing two. Wood, who won 10 letters- three each in football, hockey, and baseball, and one in tennis- will be inducted in the "All-Around" category. Wood, a distinguished research specialist at John Hopkins University Medical School, won All-American honors as a football back, and was Phi Bets Kappa.

Among the 19 other inductees are Charles Devens '32, a "good hitting" pitcher who later signed with the New York Yankees, and John P. Chase '28, who captained the '32 Olympic hockey team and later coached at Harvard. He is presently treasurer of the Varsity Club.

Most of the players are expected to be on hand for the dinner. The Annual Varsity Club Award will also be presented. Will Cloney '33 will be toastmaster, and football coach Yoviesin will speak briefly on Saturday's game against Dartmouth.