Dunster Defense Stops Adams, 6-0, In Battle of Winless Grid Squads

The Dunster House tackle football team spoiled its perfect record by beating Adams House yesterday, 6-0. Dunster's record is now 1-2, while Adams kept its winless streak alive by recording its third consecutive loss.

Dunster's Jim Higgins scored the game's only touchdown following a blocked punt early in the first quarter Higgins broke through the right side of Adams' line and blocked punter Fran Saba's kick. Recovering the loose ball, Higgins ran twenty-five yards to score.

In the Dark

Late in the fourth quarter in the growing darkness. Adams made a final attempt to tie the game. Using a play made famous by the varsity's Ray Hornblower. Steve Popuch threw a 40-yard halfback pass to Saba, who hauled it in at the Dunster 20, despite the almost complete darkness. But the drive stalled out at the 15 with 20 seconds to go and Dunster secured the victory.

"Nondescript"

The game was dominated entirely by the defenses. Each squad could manage only three first downs. For Adams it was the third straight game in which they have failed to score. Dunster athletic secretary Tim Beckett characterized the contest as "a pretty nondescript game." "Neither team moved the ball well." he admitted.

Stingy

Beckett was well-pleased with Dunster's stingy defense. "We were spurred on by Higgins's magnificent blocked kick," he said. Beckett added that the reason for the ?tiff defense was that there was a good turnout of players who had formerly played J. V. ball.

For Adams. it was their third loss by one touchdown, after losing two heart-breakers, one on a had snap from center and another on an intercepted pass. "But we try hard." commented Adams's John Pippin.

Athletic secretary Dan Levitt said he feels that Adams has a basically, solid team and a great defense. "But we're just not putting it all together on offense," he said.

Dunster's Tim Beckett was more optimistic. "I hope we can establish a little momentum." he said. Beckett would like to win at least two more games so Dunster can be one of the six teams to play at Yale.