Mass. State Rep. Calls on University VP to Increase Transparency for Allston Multimodal Project

Harvard President Lawrence Bacow Made $1.1 Million in 2020, Financial Disclosures Show

Harvard Executive Vice President Katie Lapp To Step Down

81 Republican Lawmakers File Amicus Brief Supporting SFFA in Harvard Affirmative Action Lawsuit

Duke Senior’s Commencement Speech Appears to Plagiarize 2014 Address by Harvard Student

Jauron, After Rejecting Harvard, Elected Captain of Yale Freshmen

Dick Jauron, who as a high school senior was sought by almost every major college that plays football, has been elected captain of the Yale freshmen team.

Jauron attended high school in Swampscott, home of Tony Conigliaro, where he was twice all-state and finally an All-American as a halfback. Harvard was interested in him, and he was visited frequeutly by Philip K. "Ken" O'Donnell '49, captain of Harvard's 1948 team and a former special assistant to President Kennedy.

Princeton, Yale, and Duke, as well as Harvard, were all high on his list, Jauron told the CRIMSON in March. He refused to designate which college he was leaning towards at that time, but had words of praise for Harvard. "There's only one Harvard," Jauron insisted. "You can't beat the name." Jauron apparently based his final decision on some criterion other than "name."

The consistent halfback's first two months in a Yale uniform have been so impressive that informed observers are comparing him even to such fabled heroes as Brian Downing and Calvin Hill. Not only is Jauron an exceptional runner, but he kicks extra points and field goals, and eatches passes.

In four games, two of which the Elis won. Jauron has carried 57 times for 241 yards, scored five touchdowns, connected on nine of 11 conversion attempts, and caught 16 passes for 210 yards.

The Yale freshinen will challenge Harvard's first-year team Friday, November 21, in New Haven.