Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Cagers Seek To Top Amherst Tonight; Freshmen Play At Worcester Academy

When the Harvard basketball team played St. John's in New York last week a large number of fraternity brothers sat behind the bench and razzed the Crimson players about their hair, sidehurns and moustaches.

The same thing happened though to a lesser degree, when the team went to Dartmouth.

At a squad meeting last Sunday, the players talked about the problem and decided that if the razzing affected their play, each member should cut his hair. Mike Janzeewski. Joe Stanislaw and Wayne Clapp got trimmed. George Yates will conform in a day or two and the rest of the long hairs will soon disappear.

"It was the boys decision." said coach Bob Harrison. "And I think it indicates a new togetherness, a genuine concern about the team."

That new seriousness was evident in Thursday night's 95-71 victory over B.U. If the team is just as determined when it plays Amherst tonight at 8 p.m. in the I.A.B. the outcome should be similar.

The Lord Jeffs, with two wins in three starts, including an 80-71 victory over Brandeis Thursday, are physically a strong team. Their forward line, led by 6'5" senior forward Dave Auten-Amherst's top scorer with 25 points per game, could give the Crimson a battle under the boards.

But if Harvard rebounds as well against Amherst as it did against B.U.- 59 rebounds to 39 for the Terriers, the Lord Jeffs will have to shoot for high percent age to compensate.

Harvard captain Ernie Hardy, who, despite a back injury and a tooth infection for which he's been taking medication, has averaged ten rebounds and 123 points per game will be facing Amhers?? center. Philip Stec. under the boards.

Defensively against Brandels, the Lord Jeffs alternated a half-count press and a ?? zone. The Crimson's guards. Matt Bozek and Dale Dover whose fine hall-handling against an occasional B.U. press enabled Harvard to score frequent lay-ups, will need to repeat Thursday's performance for a win over Amberst tonight.

The Harvard freshman team plays Worcester Academy, winner of several New England prep school basketball titles in recent years, at 3 p.m. today in Worcester.

Coach Ken Klug doesn't anticipate that his players will have any trouble against Worcester and hopes to give each member of the squad a chance to play.