Annual Report Finds Harvard Kennedy School Faculty Remains Largely White, Male

Harvard Square Celebrates Oktoberfest

Harvard Corporation Members Donated Big to Democrats in 2020 Elections

City Council Candidates Propose Strategies for Supporting Low-Income Residents at Virtual Forum

FAS Dean Gay Hopes to Update Affiliates on Ethnic Studies Search by Semester’s End

Locksley Named MVP; Gomez New Captain

By Robert W. Gerlach

The varsity soccer team last Monday voted senior Rich Locksley, starting goalle for last year's squad and captain of this season's team, the "Most Valuable Player" of the season. At the same meeting. Solomon Gomez was chosen to captain next year's squad.

Locksley practiced with the team early this fail, but he never entered a match because of a low blood pressure condition. Despite the setback. Locksley traveled with the team all year and attended nearly every afternoon practice on the Business School Field.

As a junior, Locksley started 12 of the Crimson's 13 games. Despite playing with a serious knee injury late last season, Locksley received honorable mention in the All-Ivy selections. He made 107 saves in 128 chances for a 836 percent-age.

Gomez was the main offensive threat of the Crimson forward line this year. The junior left inside from Gambia scored 16 times this season, just one tally short of the Harvard record. He added six assists to tie sophomore Charlie Thomas in team scoring with 22 points.

In the Ivy League, Gomez ran away with the League scoring title, netting eight goals and four assists in seven games.

Next year, Gomez will captain a team that returns 27 members of a squad that was ranked second in the nation. Only two starters, and none of the powerful forward line, will graduate in June.